“Just as I wear a mask to protect you, and you wear a mask to protect me, remember that the decisions you make impact others’ children, and the decisions others make will impact your children.”
Last Updated August 10, 2022.
Purpose: These agreements are being shared in the spirit of making a community effort to mitigate the risks as much as possible in keeping our students, employees and families healthy and safe while attending in-person school. To be successful in this effort, it is important that all members of the CAIS community—parents, students, faculty and staff—do their utmost to ensure good hygiene and hand washing, the use of face coverings depending on the risk level as indicated by the CDC county tracker, and engaging in symptom screening. To guide our efforts, we ask that families review and abide by the agreements in this document together with CAIS students so that everyone is aware of our shared responsibilities. Please understand that our work as a community to mitigate risk and avoid the spread of the COVID-19 virus is based in our shared commitment to these agreements.
It is our expectation that faculty, staff, and families will abide by the terms outlined here.
Section I. Chinese American International School will do its best to:
- Provide an environment which has been risk assessed in response to COVID-19 infection and transmission.
- Adhere to the guidance on face coverings, hygiene, symptom screening, testing, vaccination, travel, and quarantine as set out by public health officials.
- Provide a curriculum that meets the needs of every child’s academic, social and emotional needs.
- Engage in regular communication with CAIS families with updates.
Section II. Parents and Guardians—To help my child at school, I know and understand that:
- I will report my student’s vaccine status to the school.
- If my child shows signs of physical illness, even only a cold, my child will need to stay home.
- If my child tests positive or shows symptoms of COVID-19, I will follow the guidance of the school’s Risk Management Plan.
- If my child has close contact with someone positive for COVID-19 outside of school… .
- Clearance to return to school by Health Coordinator is required for absence due to a positive COVID test.
- If my child shows symptoms of COVID-19 at school, I will pick them up from school immediately.
- I will ensure that my child has a mask and is wearing it properly upon entering school if the CDC county data tracker indicates high risk.
- I will work with my child to maintain good hand, nose and mouth hygiene measures.
- I recognize that parental access to campus buildings will be restricted. I will communicate with the school via phone or email.
- I need to support all faculty and staff in their efforts to create an “as safe as possible” environment according to public health officials.
- I will promptly read all school letters/messages/emails that are sent home.
- I recognize the impact of my personal decisions on the health and safety of the community and therefore will not approach the school and request exceptions to clearly articulated policies.
Section III. Students—I will do my best to:
- When masks are required, I will adhere to mask wearing rules while at school.
- Tell an adult immediately if I feel unwell.
- Not share my food with other children.
- Only enter and exit the school building from the designated places.
- Follow good hand, nose, and mouth hygiene: coughing and sneezing into a tissue (catch it-bin-it-kill-it), and washing hands afterwards.
- Follow good hand hygiene—use soap and water for 20 seconds (or hand sanitizer, when handwashing is not immediately available).
- Follow these expectations and know that if I don’t, I may be sent home and will not be able to come back into school until I can be safe.
Questions? Contact email@example.com