888 Turk Street
Our Strategic Vision process identified middle school facilities as one of the top challenges facing CAIS. In response, the CAIS community rallied behind Becoming Our Best Self: The Campaign for CAIS, exceeding the goal by 25% and raising more than $10,000,000 to build and outfit a state-of-the-art educational facility for CAIS middle school that tripled the space for the division. The new campus boasts:
- larger, flexible classrooms that support a variety of teaching and learning styles
- The Carroll Family Learning Center, an 1,800 sq. ft. hub for learning supporting library research, presentations, and conference rooms for small group work and gatherings
- The Phanachet Design Lab, a maker’s space to integrate design thinking projects into the core curriculum
- The Sensato Performing Arts Room
- a dedicated science floor with two labs and prep room for science faculty
- more than 7,000 sq. ft. of outdoor space for play, relaxation, and learning
150 Oak Street
Home to CAIS since 1997, our campus at 150 Oak Street shares the building with French American International School (FAIS) and International High School (IHS). Our Lower School and a number of administrative offices occupy part of the basement and first through fourth floors. Our 150 Oak campus features:
- Three multipurpose rooms
- Science Lab
- Art Room
The 150 Oak Street Campus is an ENERGY STAR certified building and receives power from a rooftop solar panel array (see real-time stats on energy production and environmental savings).
Alice A. Carnes Center, 42/52 Waller Street
Since 2010, our Preschool has enjoyed an urban oasis on Waller Street. Named in memory of long-serving administrator Alice A. Carnes, the campus includes a dedicated outdoor play area and garden and developmentally appropriate instruction spaces with lots of room for play, exploration, and expression.