Dear CAIS Community,
- Develop a program to insure the community understands the new Mission
- Unpack the Mission to determine program implications
- 2009-2010 Faculty survey;
- 2009-2010 Parent Association survey:
- 2008 Accreditation report;
- 2009-2010 Chinese and English Program Review;
- Individual “stakeholder meetings” with members of the faculty and staff;
- Individual “stakeholder meetings ”with CAIS parents;
- An array of various group meetings and observations;
- Research and writing on best practices.
In early June of 2009 I had the good fortune of being asked to speak at the high school graduation ceremony of the senior class of Western Academy of Beijing, a large international school where I served as board chair. For me this was a special opportunity for a number of reasons. One reason was that the ceremony was held at the Confucius Temple in central Beijing. It also happened to be the first day of the gāo kǎo 高考 that year–the national university entrance exam. As I formulated my remarks to the class of 2009, I thought that the venue and the timing could not have been more fortuitous.